An Au Pair can be a full day career professional or a half day experienced childcarer who assists parents with varying family needs relating to the children and home management.
To apply as an AU PAIR you must have:
- Child care experience other than your own family, with contactable reference letters.
- A valid driver's license with a clean record.
- Your own reliable car to use whilst on the job.
- A First Aid/CPR Certificate is essential if working with children under 10 years of age. We advise, however, having a first aid certificate to work with all ages.
- Matric Certificate
Not essential, but "nice to have":
- Child care courses or degrees in Early Childhood Development, Education or Psychology
- Criminal reference check
Qualities of a successful au pair:
- a special love and enthusiasm for children.
- a desire to educate and engage with the children in your charge
- able to take initiative in all situations from emergencies to organising activities and running the children’s daily lives.
- friendly, committed, honest, reliable, trustworthy, sensible, consistent, patient and punctual.
- being a positive mentor with good ethics and values
- health conscious